Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Red Tables

I wanted to share my red tables with you. I bought both of the table bases with no tops at an estate auction. My absolute favorite part of the estate auction is when they move to the garage or shed at the end of the day, that is the good stuff! I took some very old gray wood and made new tops.  The pieced top came about only because of a shortage of wood, but it was my favorite, so hooray for wood shortages.

Pallet wood, barn wood table tops

Here is what the tops looked like before they were sanded and stained or finished.

barn wood table top


I used a stain, vinegar stain and raw wood to create the different colors in the finished product.

Vinegar Stain on old wood

Scrap Wood Table

The Quotes on the Chalkboards are songs by Walk the Moon and Michael Franti, both are worth a listen. The color is less orangey in person, more red pepper which is the name of the paint by Behr.


I love doing this kind of project and can't wait to find more table bases and great wood! Stay tuned for more projects!

Linking up :

Photobucket

Beyond The Picket Fence

2 comments: