Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pillow Sham Art

I was helping a friend decorate and came across a king sized sham at Goodwill that had all her colors in it. I bought it not knowing what I would do with it, I do that a lot.  When I got it home and played with it, I thought about framing it but it never looked flat or finished in my opinion.  I then noticed the color pieces were stitched on the top and I took my seam  ripper and removed them.   Those top pieces would lay flat so I glued them on top of burlap for a finished look.  Here are some pics...

Here's the sham as I bought it.

Thrift store re do 
I painted the frames to coordinate and made several.  Above are 4 pieces I made or painted for her gallery wall.

Framed fabric
 I did put them under glass but I think they would fine without glass.  I adhered the burlap to rigid cardboard using the method I describe here.

Pillow Sham repurposed

I kept this one and added it to my bathroom. I've made several others but can't find the pics and I still have a little of the sham left to work with.  That is a lot of bang for the buck, I paid $1.99 for the sham.

Thanks for stopping by! Keep your eyes open for unexpected things to make cool stuff from!

4 comments:

  1. Very clever, Selina. The last picture looks 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm following you on google now and I'll find you on fb too!

      Delete