Thursday, September 27, 2012

Easy, Inexpensive Fall Touches

I spooked out several areas in my house, but reserved the dining room for strictly Fall Decor- no blood, skeletons, or creepy cloth!  This is the first year of my adult life that I have a dining room WITH a table without horrible wallpaper.  Last year the pink floral wallpaper remained so I just ignored this room, now I love my dining room. and was very excited to get out my Fall goodies!  The to-do list in there is still substantial, but we've come so far!


I changed up this little shelf, which I think was meant for a bathroom, but I used it in my dining room to hold my cobalt glass.  Cheap little pumpkins sit on little candle holders and napkin rings.  The two cream dishes are filled with chestnuts from my yard.  Lots or natural elements would work to fill dishes, like sweet gum balls, pecans, walnuts, seeds, pods, and more.



Here are more chestnuts and candles in a serving dish sitting 
in my very old wood china cabinet.


Split peas are a great vase filler and I love the color
 of split peas for Fall or Spring.


 Here I used the split peas as a base for the little gourds from the grocery store.  This oval bowl on a stand was a thrift store find that I was planning on painting, but I may leave it.


You can do lots with faux leaves! My bag of leaves have a wire stem and I love that I can attach them to anything.  Here are a few ways I used them.
These are the same gourds as above I was trying to 
decide which one to go with.


I put one leaf on this cheap metal piece.


I filled a natural basket with the leaves and put in the 
center of my wreath. I think I am going to lose the candle ring, its a little busy for me.


One large leaf under these candles too.



One of my favorite, easy Fall display ideas is to spray a random assortment of cheap-O thrift store candle sticks for your mini pumpkins, gourds, or squash.



 Happy, Happy Fall to all of you!

3 comments:

  1. I love your shadow box shelf with all the little pumpkins. So cute! As are the trio of little pumpkins on the candle sticks.
    Happy Fall to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. i have a serving dish like that. wuld never have thot. :)

    ReplyDelete